Tuesday, February 27, 2007
quetion three
The main characters of the novel Fahrenheit 451: Guy Montag, wife of Montag (Mildred), Beatty, Professor Faber, Clarisse. Among them I really liked Professor Faber, he reminds me of my favorite teacher. What is more, I think Faber represents most of the humanity of the today’s world (including me); even though we know what is wrong and what is right, but we do not always act out and point out because we are afraid of punishment, either in the form of pain or exile. I do not hate any character in the novel, but Beatty makes my head hurts and annoy because he has very unique and mysterious attribute and is very hard to understand what goes on his head. Beatty is so confusing to me that I have no certain idea of what Ray meant for him to symbolize in the novel, the best guess that I thought of was the gloomy and suicidal attributes of humanity of the world due to the difference of the society that one has to live in but is too afraid and feel useless; thus, doing nothing to change the structure of the society but live a fake unhappy life by joining it because they cannot beat it. Overall I think the novel reveals a lot about the importance of thinking and the ignorance that humanity has of forgetting and ignoring it and then throw to the trash once all the roles of the characters come together. Furthermore, I think Ray is telling the readers that many humanities really want to be a brain washed full stomach slave rather than a thinking starving free person.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I did same main characters as you did but my opinion changed I think Montag is the only main character.
He comes out from the beginning to the end but the other characters come out just a little.
however great job!!
Post a Comment