Thursday, March 22, 2007

(book two) Quesiton two- current event

I strongly believe that every country in the world has the same problem as the problem that the boys had in the LOF; people kill each other in fear that they will be the one that they will get killed first, they steal from others just because they want/ need it and they fight among themselves because they want more than the other or they just simply believe in different thing from the other person. However, if I was to choose a more specific region I would say that Africa because there are many wars going on in the region and a lot of them has the same reason as the war that went on, on the island. Many people of Africa kill and die everyday because of their wants and disagreements; there are countless battles that goes on where insurgencies are killing to overthrow the government and government killing to maintain their power just as Jack did in the novel.
I think William Golding looks down on the situation for he gives Jack very negative characteristics; I couldn’t find any resolutions for the problem that Golding gives in the novel; however, Golding reveals a lot about the problem of the world in his novel which makes his reader think about the problem and come up with their own answer to the problem just as I have; thus, even though he doesn’t give the answer but he makes us realize the problem and solve it ourselves.

No comments: